Click Here For Free Blog Templates!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Dec 3, 2008

Thanksgiving Weekend Update

Yeah! I am finally "getting off my butt" and writing!
The past week or so has been...interesting to say the least. I am still working part time which stinks because it takes so much energy that I really don't have to spare but I am almost done!!
Last week Dan and I went to my moms. I was so excited that we got to go because I miss my mom so much. This whole being sick thing with my mom not being around physically has been incredibly difficult. While we were at my moms my chest started to hurt worse. At first I thought it was just all the craziness that was wearing me down. I took a nap every day just so that I could function. The whole weekend was fun, but very overwhelming. Dan and I arrived Wednesday at 12:30 in the morning. Tim, Beth, Kate, Megan, Erin, Tyler, Grandma and Grandpa arrived around 5-5:30 on Thanksgiving day.
See, they drive to North Carolina first to visit with my Aunt Toots and then my grandparents have a thanksgiving lunch with her and then they come to my moms. Lars, Connie and the kids were supposed to come also but Connie was sick so they didn't. It was really scary because when Tim, Beth and everyone else arrived Erin was saying she didn't feel good. Since they had been around Connie, who was sick,I got really nervous. It ended up that she was just having a reaction to a couple bee stings, benadryl and riding in the car and after having laid down for a little while she was much better.
On Friday we all went to see Four Christmases. It was cute but not as funny as most of us were expecting. I was very proud of my grandpa because I think he was actually awake through the whole movie! Of course grandma fell asleep during the previews but she did wake up after a while.
Then we have Saturday...By Saturday I really wasn't feel good. When I ate that morning my heart hurt so bad but it went away fairly quickly. That afternoon my mom, Dan and I were headed off to go see Twilight so my mom could see it since Dan and I had already seen it. We got to about a mile from the theater when I said "I hate to do this, but I think I need to go to the hospital". I had eaten again and my heart was now burning. You have to know that all I ate was some banana bread!! So i should not have been hurting like that. Anyways we went to the hospital and got treated by some really sucky people. They gave me some pain killers and some anti nausea medicine..and then left. My blood pressure dropped and the machines kept beeping and no one came in!! Once when my mom went to get a nurse she was shoe shopping online! Another nurse was just getting rude it stunk! But after about 5 hours in the hospital they sent me home and while i still felt bad i did feel a little better.
On sunday we drove home. Dan drove most of it because I was way to out of it to drive. I did drive for a while but sitting up was very difficult, it made it very hard to breath and was very uncomfortable.
Monday I spent all day trying to get a hold of doctors but didn't get any of them to call me back until Tuesday. After talking with them it was decided that i have built a tolerance to the pain killers I am on and that is why I was having pain even when I was taking them.
This morning I ate a cookie and started having that burning and nauseousness again. I had to get Dan to come pick me up at work and take me to the hospital to get my new pills... So now here I am finishing this blog, I just took the pill and now it is time for a nap!

Hope everyone has a great day!!!!

(LESS THEN A WEEK!!!)

Oh yea, before i forget. One of the doctors from Mayo called on Monday, they want me to be part of a research study they are working on. I guess 1/3 of HOCM patients experience cardiac symptoms when they eat (which I have been dealing with for a long time). So when I go to the doctor next week they are going to do a couple extra echocardiograms. One echo will be with me fasting for I think he said 4 hours, then I will do my clinical echo across the hall.. then they will feed me and do another research echo. They will be measuring how food effects me.. Sounds like fun!!!
Now I am done. NAP TIME

0 comments: