Click Here For Free Blog Templates!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Dec 18, 2008

Dr Update and the beginning of Christmas

So I went to the doctor yesterday. It was a very good visit. He said my incision sites looked good. We talked a lot about what happened while we were at Mayo and what the future holds. He put in my prescription for my latix which is the diuretic. The diuretic is not for my every day pain, it is only for the pain i get with exertion. They think that removing some of the excess fluid in my body will help relieve some of the pressure in my heart. He explained how it all works and I understand it, but I can not explain it..sorry.. I am to continue taking the pain killers for my everyday pain. Because I do feel pain through the medication during exertion I will be able to tell if it is working or not. The diuretic hasn't been too bad, I haven't had to pee as much as I thought I would have to. I will go tomorrow to get my blood taken as the medication can cause some issues with my kidneys. It can make it so that my potassium level drops and remains low. We will not stop the medication but add on a potassium supplement and I will have to eat more bananas (yum). If all this doesn't work surgery will be necessary, but they do not believe the the surgery will help the everyday pain either. Because of how healthy I am otherwise it would take years to get a new heart if I went on the list now. However we may discuss putting me on a list in the near future.

In other news... Daniel and I have only a week and a half left of privacy as we are getting a roommate to help with the bills. While we are able to afford everything, money is tight. We also need to prepare for me loosing my job as the hotel is not doing well. Plus this gives me the ability to take a day off if I need to instead of going to work when I feel so awful.
Last night I put the Christmas tree up. Hopefully tonight I will get it decorated. I just need to get Dan to get the decorations down from the attic. We didn't know if we would get to put all this up so I am excited that we get to. Since my birthday has now passed Christmas can officially begin. My mom always wanted me to know there was a difference because my birthday and Christmas so we always waited until December 16th to start decorating and stuff. While I now know the difference, it feels weird not waiting...However I love Christmas and decorations to much from now on I think I am going to start earlier from now on. I don't like the idea of putting it up just in time to take it all down. So I guess we will see........

Anyways, here is a picture of me "forming" the tree.


And here is a picture of it all lit up.


Ill post another picture once I get it all decorated :)

0 comments: