Click Here For Free Blog Templates!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Aug 22, 2011

Meeting My Donor's Family

When it comes to writing this blog I wish I had my laptop with me on my trip last week to meet my donor family. I had so much to say and to share but now I have lost so much of what I wanted to say (details).

They are an amazing family! 
Sherry Jr- my donor
Sherry Sr- mom
George- dad
Cory- brother
Zach- brother

I am so lucky to have gotten their family members heart. Upon first meeting it was almost like we had known each other for years. There were no tears, just lots of great conversation. The first night my mom and I went to dinner at their house. We showed up just after 6pm (damn traffic!) and didnt leave until 1am. We had completely lost track of time. 
Thursday was my appointment and Sherry (the mom) came with and met my nurses and doctor. It was so awesome being able to share this moment with people who were physically there watching how bad it was before my surgery.
Friday, my mom and I went to DC for the day. It was my first time being able to go because before I never had enough energy or stamina to make it through all walking and stuff. That night we ended up joining the Gracie's for Zach's last first football scrimmage. There ended up being lightening so the scrimmage got canceled about half way through. They have to wait 30 minutes after the last strike of lightening but the lightening wasn't going to stop. After that we went to dinner and then back to their house. They offered to let my mom and me use their computer & printer to check in for our flights the next day.

My mom and I had a wonderful time and I am sad that it all went so fast. I am however glad to be home and get back to my normal days of spending time with my pup and doing things around the house. The husband should be home soon and hopefully it will be a nice peaceful afternoon to my busy morning. 


Zach, Sherry, Cory
Kim (my mom), Me, George


Sherry, Dr Russell, Me


My donor's family is big into vlogging. Here are their vlogs from the days I was there.


Wednesday

Thursday

Friday

0 comments: