Click Here For Free Blog Templates!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Nov 3, 2008

Good News & Bad News

(GOOD NEWS) A nurse from the Johns Hopkins heart clinic called this morning. While they are going to have to call me for more information she called to tell me what a consult consists of.
First they do a cardiac MRi, which I will not have done unless my other test show that I need one. This is because of my defibrillator, I can not have an MRI done with out previous tests to make sure that it is safe to turn off my defibrillator.
Second, they will do an EKG that takes 20-30 minutes, which is INSANE compared to the fact that every time I go to the cardiologist I have an EKG done that lasts about 10 seconds.
Third, The will do an extensive ECHO that takes approximately 3 hours, which again is INSANE compared to the ones I normally have that last 45minutes to an hour.
(BAD NEWS) After the tests are done then I will meet the doctor. This is all done in one day which is nice but then she tells me that they wont be able to get me in until after the first of the year!! She said it would be around the end of January! I started to cry, i dont think I can last being in pain that long. If by chance there is an opening they will call me, thought they have a long list of people who would like an earlier appointment. She said most people wait for a few months to get in.
This is really hard for me because when we did this process years ago, it moved really fast and then got canceled.
So now I have to decide what to do about work, because getting disability isnt going well so far I may have to work to pay the bills, which is going to suck but atleast I will have something to do. If i go back to work it will be strictly part time, like 7am-11am Monday-Friday. The only bad thing about this is that the hotel is AWFUL! It is even worse then when I left 2 weeks ago. Its hard because the hotel is such a stressful place to be. I was there for maybe 30 minutes earlier today and I wanted to shoot myself. Its just awful!
So please pray that things will work out. I really want a new job but don't feel right getting a new job when I could have to leave for a long period of time.
I am still going to my cardiologist wednesday, so we will see if I am even allowed to work (a LARGE part of me hopes he says no!).

That is my update with what I know now.. More later!! :)

0 comments: