Click Here For Free Blog Templates!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Oct 28, 2008

update about Katie

Hi

Katie asked me to send a quick update. She had her catheterization this afternoon. Because she is an inpatient, she had to go last. She called me at 2:45 and said they were getting ready to take her in. Dan called about 4:20 and said they were done, and she was back in her room, but they didn't know anything yet. When I spoke to her this evening, a doctor had been in to see her, to pass on some info from her doctor. Her stent is functioning properly (not crushed or obstructed) and they had found exactly what they had expected to find. This doctor told Katie that he thinks that she will be discharged, and then come back for surgery later, but he couldn't say for sure. Her doctor will be in tomorrow to discuss what comes next. I will send another update as soon as she asks me to.

Several people have emailed me with a location to send flowers and or cards. Katie doesn't think that she will go home earlier than Thursday. She is at the Portsmouth (VA) Naval Hospital, Progressive Care Unit #B, Room 14.

If you need her home address...

306 Cannon Dr
Carrollton VA 23314

If you have any specific questions, or messages...please do not hesitate to email me. Katie does have her computer with her, but I believe that the internet there can be sporadic...

Take care, and thank you all for your thoughts and prayers..

Kim

0 comments: