Click Here For Free Blog Templates!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Oct 11, 2008

leading up to Jayden Michael

What a few couples weeks these last have been!

It started out with one of our front esk clerks quiting because he couldnt get to work. The reason he couldnt get to work is because he thought it would be a good idea to drive a barely working car through flood water. It didn't make it, instead it flooded the car and he didn't know when he would be able to get it fixed. So we started off by covering his hours. Then, Nikki when out of town for a weekend but some stuff happened and she didnt come back right away. So then we had to cover HER hours.. then on top of that it was time for Frances PLANNED vacation. So we had to cover her hours. So btwn Karen and I we were working the front desk alot. THEN!!! last saturday morning the girl that worked the weekends didnt show up so I got a call at 7:30 telling I needed to come in. So i did. It sucked because my throat was killing me. That night Kurt came over and we hung out for a bit.
On sunday i woke up feeling even worse. I had a full blown cold at this point. Monday I worked and was feeling a little worse. By tuesday I worked and begged to go home because I felt so terrible. I went home and slept. I was only awake for about 3 hours btwn 1pm tuesday and 6am wednesday. 6 am because my smart husband left his ID card at work so I had to drive him to work.
On wednesday Esmie had a dr appt that she was very nervous about. They told her the previous week that on wednesday they would tell her if they were goingt o have to enduce labor early on Oct 24th. So i txted her and wished her goodluck. As i left my house for MY dr appt Esmie txted me back and said that they were keeping her and going to enduce her that day. So I went to my appt and did my Xray and got my antibiotics and then went up stairs. I spent all day with Esmie while they started the process. Jeremy was there for most of the day, he left long enough to get some baby stuff they needed and to pick up dan from work since i had dropped him off. Esmies dad also showed up on wednesday afternoon. He was very nice.
Thursday I went to work for the morning, but once Karen got in I left to go back to the hospital since there was still no baby. The started moving the process a little further giving her more meds and stuff to get her body into labor. Finally thursday around dinner time things really started going. She got her epidural around 7-8pm and then had Jayden by an emergency C-section -- He was borned at 11pm, 10/9/08. She had to have a c-section because his heart rate started dropping too low with each contraction, but they couldnt do the c-section earlier because labor is good for the baby as it helps mature the lungs and other organs.
Yesterday (friday) I got to the hospital on the early side and was there until about 1:30. We got to go see Jayden a few times (i went once with Jeremy and then again with Esmie) The nerse was very funny when it came to esmie seeing him because she hadnt seen him yet the nurse was in shock. She couldnt believe that it was 1:15 in the afternoon and Esmie still had not seen her baby.
That little boy is soo cute and looks just like his daddy.
I am so happy for them and can not wait until he is big enough to come!!


Jayden Michael
11pm on 10/9/08
4lbs 7oz
18 3/4 inches

0 comments: