Click Here For Free Blog Templates!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Oct 29, 2008

Quick Update from Katie


Hey everyone.
I appreciate everyones thoughts and prayers as they mean so much to me. I am doing alright for now. I am still waiting to find out all the details but for now this is what I have been told.
I will be going home today and meeting a cardiac thorasic surgeon HOPEFULLY next week to discuss treatment. They told me that my cath. yesterday looked just like I told them it would. When the doctor this morning was explaining it to me it actually sounded worse then my last one. When they put my stent in it was helping my artery stay open enough that i was getting minimal blood flow through it as my heart compressed, whereas before the stent it closed completely. In yesterdays cath, although the stent was in fine condition there was no blood going through the artery during compressions. There were also some other areas getting little to no blood. I am okay with this information as it is what I was expecting.
What I was not expecting however, was having to go home before ever even speaking with the surgeon who would do the other procedures. Let alone having to wait for the procedure.
Hopefully they will give me enough meds to go home with to help with the pain.
Please keep up the prayers and good thoughts that this will continue to move quickly and not be a repeat of 7 yrs ago.

thank you again. :)
I will update more when I know if i am going home for sure. Therefore if you order anything before my mom or I give another update, please send it to the house.

:-D

0 comments: