Click Here For Free Blog Templates!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Dec 13, 2009

sick on my birthday...again...tho this time its a little different!

Hey everyone!!
So I am finally get to write this. I havent been able to really sit down and write because my words havent been easy to come by.
The other day I was in the hospital just after lunch because my heart started fluttering which caused it to hurt. It ended up causing my to feel nauseous and faint. They did a bunch of tests but nothing came back abnormal. I guess that is good and bad. I wish we could figure out while I am feeling worse. They gave me oxycodone when I needed it and some nausea medication when my stomach started to hurt. There was a blood test that I caused me to not be able to eat after midnight until the blood was drawn at 8. Then they saw that I had an echo and decided I couldnt eat. I couldnt understand why, I have had tons of echos and its never caused me to be unable to eat.
When the doctors came in and asked me what they could do and I told them to let me eat. They said that there was no reason I couldnt eat. I was only having an echo not a stress echo. I bet you that intern felt pretty stupid, since she was the one saying I couldnt eat. So i was offered my breakfast that was a few hours old. (It was about 1030-11 at this point) or i could wait for my lunch try. I opted to wait but ate the apple that was my "desert" from the night before.

Anyways, by the time they decided that it would be better for everyone if I went home and medicated myself I was feeling worse, but it didnt seem to matter. I feel awful and don't know what else to do. I have slept terribly the past few nights and even took an ambien last night and didnt sleep well. Also, one of the major problems I have had is when I am walking (usually in or out of somewhere, where the atmosphere is different) I get really blurry vision. It gives me headaches and makes me faint. The past couple days have been soo much worse. I wish that everything would just get better so I could actually live my life without all this medical drama.
Because of all this I decided that since there was already an email in to Linda my coordinator that Dan wrote when I went to the ER and a call to her office to update them that I would bypass them and just leave a message for the doctor to have one of his nurses to call me as soon as they can. That way I can talk to someone as soon as I can tomorrow morning and maybe have the chance of feeling better on my birthday.

When I was 16 I was told that by my 25th birthday I would have had a transplant or atleast be on the list. I am excited that I actually made it to my birthday. I will be a quarter of a century! How awesome is that!!!


Well its time to post this, finish getting ready for the party (put a few things away and go pick up the cake and some ice cream) and watch the end of Ugly Betty from Friday night.

Have a great day everyone. Sorry if you miss the party. Its going to be fun :)

0 comments: