Click Here For Free Blog Templates!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Jun 2, 2009

So yesterday after I finished my blog they called me back to prep and do my CT scan. I was so nervous because I had never done one before. So they got my vitals when they first took me back. When they took my tempurature though, it was neat cause it just gets slid across your forehead! No in ear or oral thermometers which was nice but I thought it was pretty cool that they could get an acurate temp. that was.
Once my vitals were over they sent dan back into the waiting room and took me into the scan room. After some discussion about my pacemaker and heart rate they decided they wanted my rate as low as 55. Therefore when I wallked in the room there was a tech to turn down my pacer.
As soon as that was done she left, the tech and other guy that was working with him (above him) was all that was left. I am not sure what the guy in the suit was doing but I know the tech preped me by putting stickers on me to monitor my heart rate .
Once all that was done I was told just to relax and take in a breath and hold it when told. They did thios for me to practice for the infusion scan and so they could calibrate the machine.
When it was time to practice the infusion itself they tech looked at my IV and said it was small and loose so he may need to change it. However instead of changing it he just kept moving it. He realize it was twisted so he tried to untwist it. I kept yelping as he moved it and I kept asking him to just change it. It hurt like hell and I have a lovely bruise in my elbow now. So after doing all that he decided that it may work.
To do the infusion of the contrast I had to have my arms up. So I put my arms up and he pressed the buton for 'sterile water' as he put it, to check the IV before they ran the contrast. The liquid started gushing out of my arm! I was freaking ouit. He grabbed my arm holding the IV in place while stopping to pump.
If I wasn't scared enough already, that sure did it. They already told me that the contrast makes you feel like your burning hot especially on your throught and that you've wet yourself. Now I was scared that another IV was going to explode all over me again. They hadn't made me change so I was wearing my shirt and got watered down blood all over the back of my sleeve. I also got very sticky which didn't make sense if it was just water. The tech said that the contrast can make you feel sticky. I was very confused because if he was using the 'practice' fluid and not the contrast why was I sticky?


Will finish later. Dun w PET and am not doing good.

0 comments: